Thursday, June 1, 2017

Lion Head Soup



* Please consider reading what secret ingredient fix has to offer because Living Better Cafe Presents..Coffee Talk cares so much about you!

Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk wants to welcome you to, secret ingredient fix were every Thursday of the week there will be a secret ingredient fix recipe post, waiting to serve you, and Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk says: The secret is finally out of the bag, and you're going to enjoy every last swallow.

Today Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk is coming to bring you a recipe that, you never knew exist by revealing the Top secret ingredient, and Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk knows you are going to enjoy every secret that been reveled.

But, before Coffee Talk lets the secret out, Katrina has a story she wants to share. Why take it away Katrina. Why I do not mind if I do.

Hello my followers, Why don't I introduce myself again. My name is Katrina, and I am the blogger behind both Living Better Cafe and Coffee Talk. Yes I enjoy eating food like, I hope you all enjoy eating as much as I do. Well, I of course have a story to share with you, as I hope you enjoy reading this wonderful story. This story however about this recipe. It was a fall or winter day, when my mother was in the kitchen cooking up this dish, which I tell you was yummy. I became excited watching her prepare everything that goes into this dish. When I looked down to read a book and in the book it said: "Lion Head Soup", I grew even more exited because it was something different, and I love trying new dishes. Especially, this dish right here. And no there really is no real lion head in the soup, as Coffee Talk will post very soon. So, after the dish was completely finished cooking, I of course eat the soup and feel in love with it. So, Why don't I hand it back over to Coffee Talk.

Thank You Katrina :) Why that's a very nice story there, and now it's time for Coffee Talk to show you something furthermore about this recipe. Lion Head is just the name of this Shanghai-style meatball. What an Asian style cuisine!, As this recipe calls for "Pork", Which Coffee Talk will substitute it for Turkey, or Chicken.


Serves: 4

* Picture will be coming soon near you

1 lb. ground lean turkey
1 egg
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. course Himalayan salt
2 green onions, chopped and separated
1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1 head of Napa Cabbage, cored and chopped into chucks
2 c. low sodium vegetable broth
1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
2 c. water, if needed
2 tsp. sesame seed oil
1 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes


Directions:

1. Blend together the ground turkey, egg, cornstarch, ginger, salt, and half of the chopped green onions together in a bowl. using a wooden mixing spoon. Set aside.

2. In a wok,heat the e.v.o.o over high heat. When the oil is good and hot, place the Napa cabbage in and begin to fry, stirring constantly, until cabbage begins to wilt, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the broth, water, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat down to medium.

3. Use a small or medium size Ice cream scoop, to form the meat mixture into 1-inch meat balls. Drop them into the boiling soup. After you have added in the last meatball, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes begin to taste, and adjust to your tastes. Finishing it off with a garnish, Green onions and drizzle of sesame seed oil and crushed red pepper flakes.













No comments:

Post a Comment