Thursday, June 8, 2017

Hot & Spicy Chick Peas

">

* Please consider reading what secret ingredient fix has to offer because Living Better Cafe Presents..Coffee Talk cares so much about you!

Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk wants to welcome you to, secret ingredient fix were every Thursday of the week there will be a secret ingredient fix recipe post, waiting to serve you, and Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk says: The secret is finally out of the bag, and you're going to enjoy every last swallow.

Today Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk is coming to bring you a recipe that, you never knew exist by revealing the Top secret ingredient, and Living Better Cafe Presents...Coffee Talk knows you are going to enjoy every secret that been reveled.

But, before Coffee Talk lets the secret out, Katrina has a story she wants to share. Why take it away Katrina. Why I do not mind if I do.

Welcome yet again to another Secret Ingredient fix post, this post that Coffee Talk will be posting about has to do with one of my favorite food researcher, his name is Todd Wilbur, I know some of you may or may not have heard of him. Well he is, the author Top Secret Recipe books. Todd Wilbur has been out there for some time now, and the first time, I came across him, I was sitting in my living room with the remote in my hand. I was flipping through channels, when I struck by what was on the Food Network channel. So, I of course stop flipping through channels and watched what Wilbur was making. Now I can not remember exactly what he was making. But, I will say this: Wilbur has a lot of tricks up his sleeve's, and I honestly do not know how he does it. What he does is remake your favorite restaurant meals, so that you can enjoy them without spending a lot of money for the dish. May that is so what like me--to some degree, I believe. So, I will hand it back over to Coffee Talk and before I go, I want to say: "Know your food before taking the first bite."

Thanks Katrina for sharing yet another story with your follower, As Coffee Talk enjoys hearing food related stories. Why speaking of stories, Coffee Talk has a recipe to share with you all, and it's a spin on "Beer nuts". Coffee Talk will be using Chickpeas because there are a lot of people who live with tree nut allergies, and that's not fun. So, with that said here goes the recipe.

Hot & Spicy Chick Peas

Adapted from: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/spiced-chickpea-nuts

Serves: 3 1/2 cups

1 lb. dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
Course Himalayan salt
1/4 c. E.V.O.O
1/2 c. nutritional yeast
2 tsp. sriracha powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper

Directions:

1. In a large cast iron pot, cover the chickpeas with 2- inches of water and bring to a boil. let simmer over low heat. stir the chick peas, until peas become almost tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes; add in more water as needed to keep the chickpeas covered. Add in a pinch of salt for the remaining 15 minutes of the cooking processes. Drain chickpeas, and let dry on a prepared baking sheet lined with a paper towel.

2. Preheat your oven to 425 line the baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the chickpeas with E.V.O.O. Add in the nutritional yeast,sriracha powder and Cayenne pepper and toss until completely covered well. Spread the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring the chickpeas a few times, until they are crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment