Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Spinach Pie Bites

">


*Please consider reading what Living Better Cafe has in store, for you.

Living Better Cafe is here to, bring you one of Katrina's all time favorite dishes. As Katrina would once again share a story with you. Why take it away Katrina. I do not mind if I do Living Better Cafe.

Here I go again follower, My name is Katrina, as you can see that I am the person behind the computer typing way daily making sure that, I have your post ready to read when you hop on your computer. So, I have a little story to tell about this recipe here because this recipe goes back to the year, I want to say 1994 or 1993 either one is good. I was in high school with my class in the kitchen, getting ready to prepare this yummy recipe. As one of my teachers and a classmate was in the kitchen making this dish, I of course was eating and talking about how good this dish was, that I wanted to make this for dinner. So, my teacher wrote note on the recipe that she handed out to everyone in the class. As the note read: Mrs. ? today in class Katrina and Chris made this recipe, and Katrina would like to make this at home. So, that same day I got my wish, I made spinach pie for dinner. Okay Living Better Cafe, I am so excited to handed it back to you.

Thank you Katrina! Living Better Cafe is back and is here to bring you Katrina's favorite dish "Spinach Pie". Now let's make that "Spinach pie bites".

Serves: 10 1/2 dozen

Adapted from: http://www.whatscookinchicago.com/2010/09/spanakopita-bites.html

1 egg, lightly beaten
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 c. (8 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
1 c. (8 oz.) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
1 c. mushrooms, chopped
3/4 c. Margarine, melted
16 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inch size)

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, mix in egg, spinach and cheeses. using a pastry brush, Brush the inside of your baking pan with Margarine.

2. Place one sheet of Phyllo dough inside the prepared baking pan; and brush with margarine. Layering with seven more sheets of phyllo dough. Spread top with spinach mixture. Top with remaining phyllo dough, brushing each sheet with butter. (If you have any phyllo dough left over covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent the dough from drying out.

3. Bake for 35- 45 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment